List of Animals in the Pierson Wildlife Learning Center
Print List of Animals
Pierson Newsletter 2016
Most recent newsletter
Lesson Activities Before and Lesson Activities After the Tour
Suggested activities before your class visit and after your class visit
Nebraska Science and Social Standards
- 2010 Nebraska Science Standards (vertical format, PDF file)
While visiting the Pierson learning center, students will make connections to life science standards
1. By learning about wildlife from Africa, Asia, North America, and around the world.
2. By exploring animals in their habitat.
3. By reading about characteristics of animals from facts listed on fact cards.
4. By making connections to the life science standards through discussion of the food chain of animals
5. Ask questions that relate to science topics
While visiting the Pierson learning center, students will make connections to social studies standards
1. By identifying how humans and the physical environment interact especially pertaining to wildlife management.
2. By developing and applying historical knowledge and by understanding key concepts of past, current, and potential issues and events at the local, state, national, & international levels (Trading by early settlers/hunting during the depression).
Describe how individuals, groups, and communities manage conflict and promote justice. (Describe how actions of poachers affect others.)
Coloring Sheets of the animals listed below are printable.
- African Elephant
- American Bison
- Black Rhino
- Burchell's Zebra
- Greater Kudo
- Sable Antelope
- White Rhino
- Whitetail Deer
- Woodland Caribou
Printable Color Sheets
Right click the sheet you want to color and save to your desktop. (If you don't have a mouse, with two fingers, click bottom right corner of the track pad, save the picture sheet image to the desktop.)
Type Dates Here